It finally happened! Kate (my sister-type best friend and roommate) and I found an apartment after 2 months of searching in this godforsaken city. Much to Kate's initial chagrin, we had to compromise on living outside of Manhattan to avoid the crazy broker fees and snakey brokers, but we finally found a gem right in Williamsburg (we'll never go too far outside Manhattan). So now comes the fun part! Making this charming (read: tiny) apartment shine.
Here's the tiny little bathroom picture courtesy of the Craigslist ad. Yuck, am I right?! But don't worry, this is definitely the least cute part of the apartment. That mirror!! God help us.
Here are some nice small bathrooms with clean storage accessories and artistic accents.
And here's the plan!
1) So, the first thing we have to address in a tiny bathroom is the lack of storage. I came across this pedestal sink storage on Amazon and it's perfect! Not the most beautiful design, but a great solution nontheless.
2) To stay cohesive with the under-sink storage I thought a nickel towel rack would help maintain a clean hotel look and it's so cheap!
3) I don't have a problem splurging on the bathroom linens, and this Restoration Hardware shower curtain with a navy stripe is so clean and again, gives off a hotel vibe.
4) If I get motivated enough to paint, and repaint when we move out, I love Benjamin Moore's Old Navy shade to bring some depth to the room, and distract from the ugly tiles.
5) Some cheeky accents for cotton balls and aspirin!
6) I've always loved this Slim Aarons print, named Monocled Miss, to hang over the toilet. It's an artsy accent that would add an element of surprise for guy visitors.
7) And finally, my prized possession, my indigo monogrammed towels, and matching bathmat. The color never fades and you'll never see those gross mascara streaks after washing your face!
After spray painting the little weird mirror white and bleaching the tiles to oblivion, we should have a cute bathroom in no time!